Sony just launched Xperia XZ, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in India. It was announced at the IFA 2016 in Berlin earlier this month, has a 5.2-inch 1080p display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). This is the dual SIM version that comes with a hybrid Dual SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as an expansion slot when required.
It has a fingerprint sensor built into the power button, packs a 23-megapixel rear camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus that lets you choose your subject and then predicts its motion, so you can capture the action in perfect focus, free from blur. It has a 13-megapixel front-facing camera with 22mm wide-angle lens.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, Laser AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Sony Xperia XZ comes in Forest Blue, Mineral Black and Platinum, is priced at Rs. 51,990 (MRP), while the MOP or Best Buy price is Rs. 49,990. It will be available from October 10th and can be pre-booked at all Sony Center, select retail outlets and online exclusively on Amazon.in from 1st October to 10th October 2016.