- Continues database log monitoring for taking appropriate actions to keep the system effective.
- Creates and maintains all databases for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administrator staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Database migration, Drill Test and plan effective report server to reduce processing from live database.
- Planning hardware requirement for supporting upcoming business growth.
- Performance tuning of the Oracle databases.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Planning with the application developers and System administrators to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Analyze quarry and provide necessary suggestion for database performance optimization.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes.
- Ensure database security and data integrity.
- Version control and patching of database
- B.Sc in CSE/Engineering/Equivalent and MBA from reputed university
- Oracle Certified Professional – DBA Track
At least 12-15 year(s)
- A good knowledge on Oracle Database (Backup & Recovery, Performance Tuning, Security Management, RAC and Data Guard).
- Having practical experience on diagnosis, root cause analysis, troubleshooting and corrective measures.
- Have knowledge on Operating system(s) especially Solaris, Unix and Linux
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
- At least 8 years working experience in Banking Industry
Dhaka in Bangladesh