If you want to wear a subtle red shade this fall, this is the one to swipe on. It’s got a mostly matte finish, but since it’s so moisturizing, it gives off a subtle luminous look and lasts for hours. Bonus: reds like this make your teeth look instantly whiter.
3. Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Very Violet and Enduring Sable, $8 each, avon.com.
I took the shimmery copper shade, Enduring Sable, for a spin, because it’s a color I wouldn’t normally wear. Turns out it looks great on and makes a perfect fall alternative to nude lipstick. It also contains shea butter, omega-3 oil, arctic berry, and vitamin E, so there’s no way your lips can be remotely dry this season with it on.
4. SPLURGE! Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Farouche and Impulsive, $34 each, chanel.com.
I’m all about a brick-colored lipstick, but for this go-round I changed it up and swiped on the peachy-pink Impulsive shade. And I loved it — the color is universally flattering, so it suits all skin tones. The formula is really hydrating and leaves behind a satin finish that isn’t too matte or too glossy.
5. PERFECT STOCKING STUFFER! Nars 413 BLKR Lipstick, $26, narscosmetics.com.
If you’re looking to baby step into the dark, vampy lip trend, this lipstick’s your ticket. You can go for a more sheer look with one coat, like I did above, or build on it for a more intense look.
6. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Back to Fuchsia, $7, drugstore.com.
A statement-making, hot pink color like this one is totally acceptable for fall. And I’m going to be wearing it all season long. I dare you to do the same — no matter your coloring, it’ll look awesome.
7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb, a rich red, $22, urbandecay.com.
If you want intense pigment that glides on easily and stays creamy, not dry-looking, for hours, then this lipstick is your best bet. It also has nourishing jojoba oil, avocado oil, and cocoa butter to keep your lips moisturized as the temperature outside drops. I LOVED this bold red — it’s going to be my winter beauty staple for sure.